Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I Am Really Pissed Off Right Now

Okay so... I got in a fight with my mom today, about an hour ago. I'm still pissed off about it. So pissed off, in fact, about the entire, repeated, situation that I've decided to write this blog post about it. It's essentially a rant so if you'd like to just skip down to the Housekeeping section, I completely understand. If you're looking for an Arrow Initial Reactions thing-y, that not happening tonight. I was too pissed off to watch.

My Mother and the Great Cooking Debacle

Let me start out by saying that I love to cook. Sometimes I may not be in the mood to cook, but I still like doing it when I am in the mood. I also like to try new recipes and combinations of things. Cooking and tasting the same old stuff is boring. To me, cooking is fun.

Add my mother to the mix, though... fun does not begin to describe it.

I have recently (tonight included) had two butting of heads with my mother over my cooking. Both instances resulted in me not cooking and being pissed off.

Instance 1: Queso

We buy cheese at Sam's Club. Sharp cheddar in a 5lb block. Perfect for slicing up for sandwiches and also for making you very tired of eating sharp cheddar. My solution for getting rid of some of the cheese: Make Queso. I look up several different recipes for Queso using chopped up sharp cheddar and start to prepare for chopping up said cheese.

My mom comes in before I've even got the knife ready for the cheese and vetos my making of Queso on the grounds of sour cream for Chili. Okay, fine. I tell her I'll make it later. Skip to later and I take her the recipes so she knows what I'll be doing. Nope, can't make Queso because I'm not making it with Velveeta. Cue anger.

Instance 2: Pierogies and Tortalini

My mom texts me this morning asking me to pull something out of the freezer for a dinner she's not going to be home for. I scan the freezer and pull out a bag of pierogies and a bag of meat-filled tortalini. My mom gets home around 4, I don't start dinner until around 6. She's still there, but getting ready to leave.

I've looked up recipes for a sauce I think would be good on both the pierogies and the tortalini and was boiling water when my mom tells me she's going to want dinner when she gets home. That's fine, I tell her what I'm gonna cook and ideas for how I'm going to cook it based on the packaging of the noodle-y stuff. She tells me I can't cook them together. Also fine, I'll just cook them separately and put this sauce over both.

Turns out, I apparently can't put this sauce over both these things because they're "not even close to the same thing." She tells me I can cook one of them and the sauce or both and two sauces, but not both and the one sauce. Cue anger.

She then grabs the bag of... pierogies, I think, and turns to put them in the freezer. Cue more anger. I'm really pissed off at this point and end up throwing the bag of tortalini into the sink and telling her I'm just not gonna cook since I apparently can't cook what I'd planned. She tells me to text my dad to tell him I won't be cooking dinner for him. I did. No problems there.

After I'd done that, my mom tells me I can cook two different kinds of tortalini if I want, but not the tortalini and the pierogies together. I tell her, angrily and half in tears, that I don't even know why I try to cook anything anymore, since I can't ever cook what I was planning to cook because she keeps critiquing my not-even-cooked food within an inch of its life.

What I Learned

I'm going to tell my mother "no" the next time she asks me to cook dinner... unless that dinner's coming out of a box.

Housekeeping

If you read through that... thanks, I guess. I know it's mostly drama. Tomorrow, I'll be watching Arrow and Supernatural... and hopefully The Vampire Diaries. Not sure on that last one because I have a friend coming over to help paint my nephew's room. Until then, have a great night.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment