Monday, November 12, 2012

Once Upon a Time - Child of the Moon - Review

SPOILER WARNING and also a bit of profanity, because things made me angry...

Once Upon a Time - "Child of the Moon" - Review


I am firmly of the belief that if the fairy tale villians would just stop trying to get revenge, they'd be a lot happier. Take King George, for instance. Had he not been a complete asshole to James/Charming after the marriage to Abigail fell through (and a bit before that) he would currently have an adopted son, daughter in-law, granddaughter, and great grandson. He might even have gotten on splendidly with Charming's mother. But instead, he decided to be an asshole bent on ruining the life of someone who essentially did nothing to him. It's not Charming's fault George's wife died/was barren. It's not Charming's fault James was murdered. It's not really Charming's fault Abigail was in love with someone else. I'll grant that it's Charming's fault Abigail didn't marry him, but that shouldn't have resulted in a beheading and rescue by Regina! The only thing Charming did after that was take back the kingdom with Snow. And we're not even sure if that was Regina's kingdom or George's kingdom!

But anyway... I really enjoyed this episode. Ruby/Red has always been one of my favorite characters and it was great to see an episode all about her. I'm not so fond of the younger Red, but she was okay. The CG wolves were the best I've seen on TV, despite being crap when you look at other CG examples. I was okay with Red's mother until she turned on Snow. I'm kinda glad she's dead, though they could have done something more with her. I liked Gus for all of the short amount of time we got to see him for. Gus was my favorite of Cinderella's mice friends in the movie.

Other important plot bit time! Henry and Aurora's dream thingy. I find it interesting that Henry got burned but Aurora doesn't seem to be injured by the dream. I also find it suspicious that Rumple is taking the price for Henry's little amulet/potion necklace. What's so special about Henry that Rumple's willing to do that? Maybe Henry reminds him of Balefire or something...

Anyway, awesome episode. Lots of stuff to chew on and mull over until next week.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment