Sunday, November 11, 2012

Review Time!

I spent a large chunk of last night watching episodes on my computer and I have some reviews for you. If you have not seen last week's Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, or Grimm, you should go read something else or just skip down to the Housekeeping section because there will be SPOILERS.

Supernatural - "Southern Comfort" - Review

Garth is back! I quite like the dynamic of Garth with Sam and Dean. I also quite like the way the specter got Dean to air his issues with Sam, which was already knew most of. Sam's issues with Dean were more interesting than Dean's issues with Sam, although I'm more interested in Sam's girlfriend than his stuff about Benny. I like that Garth has taken up Bobby's mantle, although the way he goes about things is... interesting, to say the least. Pretty solid episode, all around. Glad they're getting closer to the first season-y stuff in terms of episode structures. I'm enjoying Supernatural much more now than the last couple of seasons. I think the show works better in a "monster of the week" structure than focusing solely on story-arc.

The Vampire Diaries - "The Killer" - Review

Pretty much business as usual here. Everyone is keeping secrets from everyone else and this causes problems. Not much new here, the exceptions being Bonnie using magic again and Elena having hallucinations. This episode was pretty much a placeholder. Plot movement was essentially limited to Klaus getting the sword and Damon being let in on "the cure" secret. I am so very, very glad Elena killed Connor. So glad. However, the repercussions caused by Elena's conscience is... annoying. I still think she needs to get over herself and deal with what she is now. Living in the past is just going to cause her more issues than the past is worth. Also, I'm angry at Jeremy now. Not even two minutes after he tells Matt he's tired of secrets, he starts keeping one. Seriously, Jer? Seriously? Anyway... I enjoyed watching this episode. The action was fun, even if the rest of the storyline was business as usual.

Grimm - "To Protect and Serve Man" - Review

You know you watch too much fantasy/horror stuff when pits of decomposing bodies don't phase you at all. However, the bit with the foot in the stew went too far. That said, this was an interesting take on the Wendigo. Also an interesting episode overall. Different, but good.

I'm glad we got some more character building with Hank. I also liked the development on the Juliette/Renard stuff. Looks like the cat's out of the bag as far as Monroe knowing Juliette is involved with Renard. It also looks like Juliette is going to find out about the Grimm stuff sooner rather than later.

Housekeeping

As you may have noticed, it's Sunday, which means this should be some Once Upon a Time Initial Reactions. As you may also have noticed, it's not that. I should be watching Once Upon a Time tonight. I should be doing Initial Reactions for it. At least, that's how it stands right now. If that does happen, there will be an additional blog post up tonight. If it doesn't... well... I guess it just doesn't.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment