Thursday, November 8, 2012

Arrow - Damages

I really gotta stop saying I'll watch stuff. My random non-schedule keeps messing up my plans. I didn't get to watch The Vampire Diaries tonight, hopefully will do that tomorrow. I did, however, get to watch Arrow. So here's my review of that.

Arrow - "Damages" - Review

     I quite liked this episode. We got more of Olly's time on the island back-story, we got some of Diggle helping Olly, and we got more of Detective Lance being a giant jerk. I find the storyline with Mrs. Queen interesting, especially since John Barrowman's playing her evil-cohort-guy. I think the island bits were interesting. It was nice to see Olly's first shot with the bow. The only thing I would have changed was Slade's/Deathstroke's mask. (I'm just gonna call him Slade cuz of my Teen Titans history.) What was up with that thing? It looked like it was made of foam.
     Diggle as "The Hood" was interesting. I'm not sure I'll look forward to more of that. It's just a little too... I dunno, weird. However, if we get more of Diggle doing some tracking and whatever, that'll be awesome.
     Detective Lance seriously needs to take a nice big handful of chill pills. He's coming across as annoying, more than anything else. I did like that he saved Olly's life, though his reason for knowing Olly was in danger was a little... off. The ankle bracelet didn't seem to be too terribly damaged when he took it off.
     I don't usually mention my favorite lines, but I thought of this while typing the next paragraph so... when Olly said to Diggle: "Well, you know us billionaire vigilantes, we love our toys." I had to pause the episode because I was laughing so hard. It's so true! Him and Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark. Geeze!
     Overall, "Damages" was another bulls-eye for the Arrow series. I found it really enjoyable and everyone was on top form, acting-wise. the story-lines are wonderful, I can't wait to see how this all pans out.

Housekeeping

Not gonna promise anything, but I should be finishing up this week's episode of Supernatural, maybe doing a little review on it and last week's. I should also be watching The Vampire Diaries tomorrow, might have a review of that up. I MIGHT also be doing a review of Merlin, since I've finished the first three seasons.

And that's pretty much it from me tonight. Have a great day tomorrow!

Love ya, Jessie.

No comments:

Post a Comment