Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Breaking Dawn Review

I went and saw Breaking Dawn today... this morning, actually. It's been over 12 hours since that time and... well... my brain's a bit scattered. Long story short, I loved it. All the important bits were there, although there could possibly have been a bit more explanation of Quil and Claire... Also, there will be spoilers and the review will jump around to the bits I can remember when I remember them. Sorry about that...


I thought the flash-forward of Renesmee through Jacob's Imprinting was... interesting. I wasn't expecting it... wasn't really expecting that big of a show-down between Jacob's pack and Sam's pack. Edward's lack of reaction to Jacob's Imprinting was also... odd. Although, I guess the news did kind of save all their lives so... that's something.


I miss all the stuff between Jacob and Rosalie. And I just realized this... although I know there's a difference between book universe and movie universe, the lack of teasing and whatnot is still a bit, I dunno, odd. The amount of time spent with Jake was okay, but not really what I was expecting. I guess Bella's POV was more important in movie reality.


I also miss the bonding with Seth. Don't get me wrong, there was some of that there, but there's really no relationship between Bella and Seth. This bothers me a bit because Seth was really painted as the sweet little puppy because of his interaction with Bella and not his pouting at Jake and Leah. Which brings me to another point: I'm really glad some of the stuff between Leah and Jacob stayed in. Which then brings tomind a question I had during the movie: Why are they running around in human form all the time? I mean, I guess there's budget to consider, but it was odd seeing Jake's pack do all that perimeter running in human form rather than as wolves.


I guess I'm really talking mostly about the end of the movie... probably because it was the part I was really interested in seeing. However, I did enjoy the wedding and the reception. Seeing the Denali clan was cool. My first thought about Carmen was that she was hot... and that's where my brain stopped. Also, the gold contacts clash a little with Tanya, Kate, and Irina's faces or coloring... I don't know. They seemed odd and out of place.


Renee was so awesome! I wasn't expecting to see her nearly as much as we got to. I love her and Charlie's reactions to the graduation cap artwork. "That's so creative!" vs "Or weird." that had me in stitches. Also, Charlie being used as a bit of comic relief... especially during the speech section... that was hilarious. He must have been drunk. Jessica must have been, too. That was an annoying dash of character I didn't need. She seemed so much more mature during the graduation in Eclipse... and then she goes back to shallow, really? What the hell?


A couple of final notes and then I'm done, I promise. Esme: Elizabeth Reaser finally got to play Mom for a bit. Yay! She looked so hurt when Leah refused the sandwich... sad0048 Free Sad Emoticons Rosalie: there was something different about the way they did Nikki Reed's makeup or something because she looked a lot more creepy than she did in the last films. Jasper: Made me laugh several times with some of the things he said or the way he was standing. Alice: I LOVED that dress she wore for the wedding. And her direction of set-up... I giggled hysterically at it.


Well, that's it from me today. Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment