Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thoughts On Upcoming Fall Shows

Okay so... first thing's first, I'm not going to be doing Initial Reactions for The Vampire Diaries this evening.

Secondly, my reviews for the season finales of the CW shows and the Grimm Season 2 penultimate episode will most likely be done on Friday. Tonight I have babysitting to do and I won't really have time to review anything today. Not to mention, I'd rather review things in a mindset that's not distracted by other things.

I would also like to take a little time to talk about a few shows I'm looking forward to this fall. First, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I've never really been a big fan of S.H.I.E.L.D. but Joss Whedon's at the helm of this things so... I excited. I seriously can't wait for this thing to come out. I know people are going ape-shit over Agent Coulson being in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. but a) they need to get over themselves, b) this is the Marvel universe and people don't have to stay dead, c) there's this lovely thing called a prequel, d) why the heck would Coulson NOT be in it? I guess my point here is: I'm excited to see Coulson back and I don't have a problem with the fact that he is back.

Second show I'm really looking forward to: Once Upon a Time In Wonderland. I saw the trailer yesterday and it's just amazing. I love Once Upon a Time and I love Alice in Wonderland, despite that it was written by a guy who was high on LSD... so... yeah... getting more of a take on Wonderland from the perspective of the Once Upon a Time crew should be excellent.

Third show: Dracula. To those who read my blog on a regular basis, my fan-girl-y-ness over vampires should come as no surprise. I have read the original Dracula novel and though I didn't love it, reinterpretation is a big thing with vampire stuff so... yeah. Also, there's the fact that I only recently found out about Dracula and who was in it. Jonothan Rhys Meyers of Tudors fame is going to be playing Dracula. He's an awesome actor and I can't wait to see how he portrays the... well... King of Vampires, I suppose. The other actor I'm really excited about is Katie McGrath of Merlin fame. She was excellent as Morganna and I can't wait to see what she does with the otherwise annoying character of Lucy Westerna. I've got mixed feelings on Jessica De Gouw playing Mina Murray. It might mean her character on Arrow, The Huntress, won't be coming back, which is sad, because I kinda liked Helena.
I will also, of course, be watching The Originals, if only to see whether or not I like it. My thoughts on that can be seen: HERE.

But yeah... that's pretty much it for that. My TV-watching, initial reactions schedule-y thing is gonna get a bit of a shake-up this fall. I know for a fact that Once Upon a Time In Wonderland is gonna be on at the same time as The Vampire Diaries so... yeah...

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive