Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Parks and Rehabilitation - Review

SPOILER WARNING

If you have not seen last night's episode of Warehouse 13, please leave the blog and come back later. The following review will contain spoilers.

There will be a Obelisk War Update and a Housekeeping section after the review. Feel free to check those out, they should be spoiler free.

Warehouse 13 - "Parks and Rehabilitation" - Review

I don't know about you, but I was led to believe that Artie was on trial or something. I don't know where exactly I heard that, but I'm pretty sure it was one of the episode trailers. Also, that obviously wasn't the case. In fact, it wasn't even as dire as the trailers made it out to be.

In the Warehouse, we got Myka and Jinks running around trying to help Artie. Artie was attempting to do Leena's now-vacant job. I quite enjoyed that we got to see how Leena had figured out where all the artifacts should be placed within the Warehouse. The Feng-shui Spiral was actually really cool. I liked how it read Artie instead of the Porthole. I also like how Jinks was able to use the Spiral there at the end. I'm glad Artie's making steps toward dealing with what his "evil self" did.

Outside the Warehouse it was a pretty standard "find and retrieve the artifact with some metaphor thrown in" kind of plot. That said, I did enjoy Pete being his usual weirdly child-like self and Claudia dealing with the outdoors. I thought the Lantern was pretty cool for an artifact that could cause mass destruction. I also kind of enjoyed the blond chick. She was a lot cooler under pressure than most of the other people confronted with artifacts are.

"Parks and Rehabilitation" was overall a pretty standard "dealing with the aftermath" episode. It had some good character development, some cool artifacts, and a good mislead for once.

Neopets - The Obelisk War Update

The skirmish is over. The Theives Guild has claimed boons from the Oracle. Goody for them.

The next skirmish, aka lots of Battledome fights, starts... well... sometime after the next batch of factions is revealed. That happens in approximately 129 hours since the typing of this post. I'll let you know when that happens and who I've chosen.

I'm really not doing much in the way of participation for these skirmishes. Mostly because I'm not really into the Battledome. It's boring and takes up too much time.

Housekeeping

I am planning to watch Grimm this evening. The Initial Reactions post should be up immediately after the episode airs.

Let me know what you think of the episode in the comments. Actually, let me know what you think about any of the episodes, movies, fanfictions, or books I review in the comments. comments are nice.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive