Sunday, May 26, 2013

I Think This Line's Mostly Filler

Okay so... the end of the TV Spring Season has left me with little to write about. I don't have anything to review today and I spent yesterday watching random smattering of El Cazador de la Bruja, Dollhouse, and Buffy with my best friend. It's her birthday today, by the way. Happy Birthday, H-chan! Happy Birthday

Anyway... I thought I'd do a little update-thing for what I've been doing besides watching and reviewing TV. Also, just a little SPOILER WARNING here, just in case. Not sure for what, but be aware that I'm horrible at keeping spoilers to myself.

TV SHOWS

Okay so... I've been watching Fringe on Netflix. I'm currently in the second season, watching some episodes I caught while they were actually airing. I love Fringe. The characters are amazing, the actors are brilliant, and I love the storylines. If you have a chance, I highly recommend checking out Fringe.

I've also been watching Hemlock Grove on Netflix. It's... interesting, to say the least. I'm not at all sure what exactly is going on, but the show's got me hooked on finding out. I will say that if you have problems with some gore, don't watch it. Like seriously, a couple episodes in, there's a werewolf transformation that's the goriest one I've ever seen.

Off of Netflix, I've been watching Orphan Black. I started watching out of curiosity On Demand and got hooked by the second episode. I'm completely caught up and I can definitely say that it's pretty darn awesome. The lead actress, Tatiana Maslany, is superb. She plays Sarah Manning, Alison Hendrix, Cosima Niehaus, Helena, and several other characters and pulls them all off brilliantly. At no point in the show does it seem like any of the characters are the same person. There are points where she kind of looks like Summer Glau, but I only really noticed that looking at screenshots so... yeah. If you're not watching Orphan Black, this is another one I highly recommend.

Yesterday I finished watching El Cazador de la Bruja. That was... not really the most satisfying ending, but I liked it. The entire show is essentially a series of "Monster of the Week" plot lines woven together toward the final couple of episodes where things come to a head. However, the last episode is essentially a time-skip forward a couple of months so... yeah... that was a little weird, but nice. I really liked El Cazador and I think if you're at all interested in a Western/Supernatural/Comedy with a bit of drama thrown in for good measure Anime, you'll like it, too.

MISCELLANEOUS

Outside of watching stuff, I've been keeping up with Hasbro's new Downloadable Paper Doll Ponies. I've got images of the finished products and what I've thought of them on my DeviantArt. Just click the "My Art" button up at the top there and you'll be able to find them pretty easily. They're cute, they're free, and they're more show-accurate than anything else Hasbro's really been putting out so... yeah.

I've also been playing/keeping up with several virtual pet games via Facebook. I've been playing Happy Pets and am currently trying to breed a bunch of giant pets. I've started doing OviPets again, which is being a giant time-suck, but there that is. I've been keeping up with PoneyVallee, a French-made game that's currently a little over a year old in it's new incarnation and not exactly the best thing on the planet, but I quite like it. Takes a lot of patience to do really, which I've noticed a lot of people don't seem to like so... yeah.

NEOPETS - ALTADOR CUP UPDATE

Now that the pre-tournament "press" stuff is over, sign-ups have begun. You might have noticed the radical change in appearance for the blog... yeah, that's basically me showing my support for Shenkuu. I'm signed up there so... yeah.

Oh, and another thing... Foltaggio has been replaced by Timu, the Lupe. She was on the team before, actually, but apparently we've re-signed her or whatever. It doesn't actually matter, just, ya know, updating you on that minor thing.

Go Sign Up! Go Practice! The Altador Cup starts next week!

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive