Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Walking Dead - Review

SPOILER WARNING

If you have not seen this week's episode of The Vampire Diaries, please leave the blog and return later. The following review will contain spoilers.

If you came here expecting a review for The Walking Dead, I'm sorry to disappoint. I stopped watching it after it gave me nightmares on two separate occasions... which is sad, because I was enjoying it.

There is a short Housekeeping section after the review, so feel free to check that out.

The Vampire Diaries - "The Walking Dead" - Review

This episode was a whole lot of insane Elena, cocky Bonnie, and cameo appearances. It was less fun than previous episodes, but had me smiling almost all the way through. I think it was mostly down to the cameos.

Okay so... as predicted, Elena got a lot less fun with her "humanity switch" turned back on. Her obsession with finding and killing Katherine was more annoying than I thought it was going to be. It didn't even have a good payoff because Katherine was tied to Bonnie and therefore had to be kept alive. And then we got grieving Elena again. Joy.

I actually found it amusing when Katherine found out she was linked to Bonnie. The super annoyed look on her face and all her struggling just made me grin maniacally. The rest of the Bonnie stuff, though, was annoying. Bonnie flip flops too much between being a very hateful character to extremely cocky. This time it ended in her death, which I'm actually happy about. It's about time she have some consequences she can't actually overcome.

I found Silas a lot more interesting this episode. It's about time a telepathic character actually uses their powers to their full effect. I liked the reveal that Caroline had been in the back room of The Grill the entire time. I liked that Silas made Bonnie believe she couldn't breathe. But that was essentially the extent of his interesting-ness. His petrification was too easy, though. I would much rather have had Damon manage to get Silas' head off.

Speaking of Damon, I was actually really surprised to see Alaric back. I guess I forgot the part where he became an "Original." It was nice to have him back and I just couldn't stop grinning when he and Damon were interacting.

As for the other cameo appearances... Kol pretty much ruined the lovely Rebekah/Matt stuff that was going on. I thought Jeremy should have shown up a lot sooner than he did, especially as Kol could have killed Elena much sooner than he tried to. I'm actually really tired of Grams coming back all over the place. And last, but not least, all the Hunters coming back at the very end. I do wonder how the Mystic Falls crew is going to get out of this one.

Housekeeping

Sorry about not getting this out yesterday, I was babysitting and then I was just too exhausted to get my thoughts together. Tonight I should be posting Initial Reactions for Doctor Who "Nightmare in Silver." I'm not sure at which airing I'm going to be watching it, but I will be watching it tonight.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive