Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Grimm - Endangered - Review

SPOILER WARNING

If you have not seen yesterday's episode of Grimm, please leave the blog and come back later. the following review will contain spoilers. Also, feel free to jump down to the Housekeeping section below the review.

Grimm - "Endangered" - Review

As usual, the Grimm team has turned in a great looking episode. However, it was filled with a lot of convenient bits that made it feel... not so stellar.

First, we got a bit more back story on "The Key." Turns out, even Renard doesn't know exactly what the keys are keys too. It's the usual "Alchemy, everlasting life, untold riches" kind of thing. Uhm... yeah... that wasn't what I was expecting.

Next, we got a little bit of development on Juliette's retrieved memories. I was actually really surprised how upfront Monroe was about the Grimm thing. Mind you, he basically echoed what Nick said about it. Juliette still has yet to learn about Wesen, but at least she's rediscovered her lover for Nick.

The rest of the story with the glowing Wesen was really... weird. I wasn't a fan of it. It hinged on a lot of coincidence. People showing up in the right place at the right time with some mysterious black market selling of Wesen. I did like Monroe going all Blutbat on the bird-guy.

I'm really hoping next week's offering is better than this was.

Housekeeping

I will not be doing Initial Reactions for Arrow this evening. Odds are, I also won't do Initial Reactions for The Vampire Diaries tomorrow either. I've got some babysitting issues going on.

That's about it for me this evening.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive