Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Big Snag - Review

Spoiler Warning

If you have not seen last night's episode of Warehouse 13, please leave the blog and come back later. The following review will contain spoilers.

However, there is going to be a short Altador Cup coverage section below the review and another short update on The Obelisk War.

Warehouse 13 - "The Big Snag" - Review

This episode was quite brilliant, I have to say. I really enjoy when shows do something unconventional, which is probably why I love Warehouse 13 so much. 

Now for the A Plot. While I was shocked to find the author of the story was actually in the manuscript, I was not shocked to find out he was the one who stole the elephant. Every other story point was just kind of... there, as far as I'm concerned.

The best part about the A Plot was the way it was done. I liked that Myka got to essentially be the detective while Pete kind of floundered around. I loved that Myka got so into the role. All her dialogue was brilliant. I'd watch a mystery movie with Joanne Kelly in it any day. I thought the 1940's outfits were brilliant. I thought it was a good idea to have the story told in black and white, especially because of Myka's dress in the club. That thing looked like it would have been gaudy in color.

I was somewhat amused by the Claudia/Jinks acting at the beginning of the B Plot. Jinks was amusing and I think Claudia not giving him props the acting job was funny. I'm not sure why Claudia was surprised that Artie named his car. Lots of people name their cars. My sisters' cars are Speckles and Narnia. Scarlet isn't that bad. I thought it was interesting and actually kind of cool that the artifact user was a girl. Yes, she was getting back at her boss, but having a female interested in cars is a good thing, in my opinion.

Now, Artie's recklessness in this episode was kind of... odd. I didn't really have a problem with him jumping in front of the car to try and "save Claudia." We knew the thief had to be using something to steal the cars so it wasn't really that big a leap to the whole "intangible" thing. I also didn't really have a problem with him playing chicken with the thief. How the heck else were they supposed to stop her? Yes, both things he did were technically reckless, but... I'm not sure something drastic needs to be done at this point... which is what I think the Regents might be planning despite Jinks' protests.


Overall, I enjoyed this episode more than I did the last two. I'm really hoping the rest of the season gets better from here.

Neopets - Altador Cup Coverage

Altador Cup season is finally upon us!

For those who don't know, this is the one annual event that most every Neopian takes part in. It's very similar to the World Cup for football/soccer in real life only... it's centered around a game called Yooyuball. If you're not into playing Yooyuball, there are some side games to participate in. Each "land" of Neopia has their own team, with the exception of Neopia Central itself.

This year, I will be supporting Shenkuu again. I initially chose this team a couple years ago specifically because Shenkuu is based on Asian culture, which I like.

Now, prior to the Alltador Cup starting signups, we get a short intro to this year's teams and what the Yooyuball players have been doing in the off season. This started yesterday and so we've been introduced to four teams so far:
  • Altador - This team has apparently been traded a player who was on Shenkuu's team last year: Foltaggio the Mynci.
  • Krawk Island
  • Haunted Woods
  • Mystery Island
I'll keep you updated as to what other teams have been introduced and what players have been traded. The rest is basically nonsense so it won't get reported on here.

For more interesting Altador Cup coverage, complete with fake news stories, I recommend checking out The Daily Neopets. They aren't up and running yet for this year's Cup, but their coverage later will be pretty awesome, as usual.

Neopets - Obelisk War Update

A little over 24 hours to join a faction and claim some boons for the next skirmish. I've joined The Order of the Red Erisim again, though I probably won't be doing much to actually help out.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive