Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Time For Some Political Nonsense

Intro/Overview

This should be a review blog, it really should be. However, I haven't been able to get my thoughts about episodes in order and I've been really exhausted the past couple days so... instead of the regular reviews, I'm going to do something totally different.

This blog post is going to be somewhat political. More of a reaction to the things that have gone on this week than actually talking about the politics. I am not a political person. In fact, I think most politicians should go stick their heads in an airplane engine... but that's never going to happen so... yeah. I just wanted to make that clear before I go into the next section of the blog.

There is a Housekeeping section after the politics.

Also, be aware that I swear several times during this post. So if that's not your cup of tea, I suggest you leave.

My Reactions To Recent Political Developments

The Voting Thing


Good going Republicans. You're all jerks.

Supreme Court Decisions


I actually spent most of my day sleeping off a monster headache. Everything I've heard about the two Supreme Court decisions was through the news broadcasts after I woke up at about 3PM... and Facebook at about 10AM.

While the news was doing their usual thing of showing tiny clips of people talking, I heard something from who I'm assuming is a Republican of come sort that made me angry and actually spawned this blog post. I have no idea who this guy was, I don't even know if he was actually a Republican, but I'm assuming so because of what he said. He was talking about the state defining marriage. He said that the only person with the authority to define marriage is "the creator."

Yeah... I got news for you, buddy, not everyone actually believes in "the creator" and therefore defining marriage cannot be in "the creator's" court. It has to be in the hands of the people, most of whom obviously want the same damn rights you're afforded. Yes, you happen to be one of "the people" but your religious beliefs should be nowhere near a political arena. It's been said before, but I'm saying it again: Separation of Church and State is actually a thing and everyone should actually respect that.

All of that said, I'm very happy for all the same-sex couples who now have more equal rights than they had before. I'm glad that the citizens of California can legally marry their partners. Equality is important and I'm glad there's more of it in the US today then there was before.

Texas Legislature, Senate Bill 5


Also in some other political decisions affecting me, the abortion laws here in Texas. The Republican Politicians of the Texas Senate got a big kick in the guts today after all their cheating and BSing yesterday. The Senate Bill 5 has been ruled to not have been passed because it was passed after midnight.

Senator Wendy Davis has fast become one of my heroes for actually standing up for my rights to make my own medical decisions. And yes, I say that knowing precisely what I said in the intro.

A Message to So-Called "Pro-Lifers"

Unless you're willing to adopt each and every unwanted child you've "saved" from abortion, you're not actually "pro-life." Unless you're willing to pay for each and every unwanted child you've "saved" from abortion, you're not actually "pro-life." Being "pro-life" is, at this point, forcing your religious beliefs down other people's throats. You don't like abortions? Don't get one. Stop trying to control everyone else's decisions. It's annoying, detrimental, and needs to stop NOW.

Housekeeping

I will try my hardest to get those reviews done so I can get them out to you as soon as possible. If you've stuck through my various political things, thanks for reading. Let me know what you think in the comments. I'd love to hear it.

Love ya, Jessie. sign0199 Free Sign Emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment