Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Runaway Review

Overview

This post contains a review, Altador Cup Update, an art piece, and a Housekeeping section, in addition to a slight format change to include this overview. The review will be first after the spoiler warning and then everything else will follow in order.

SPOILER WARNING

If you did not see last night's episode of Warehouse 13 and do not wish to be spoiled, please skip the following review... or leave, watch the episode, and come back later. My reviews are always lousy with spoilers.

Warehouse 13 - "Runaway" - Review

I am officially tired of Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius related stuff. There was that episode of Doctor Who from a couple years ago, something I was watching more recently (I think it was Fringe), and now this... yup, I'm pretty done with it. I didn't think the amphora was even a particularly interesting artifact. The story surrounding it? Boring to the nth degree.

If you've read my blog with any kind of regularity, you'll know I'm big on connecting to characters. I didn't connect with any of the characters in the A Plot nor did I like them or care what happened to them. The father trying to save his son from a gang by breaking out of jail and killing his accomplice and several other gang members in the process was convoluted at best. Left a nice little trail of bodies for Pete, Myka, Jinks, and Jinks' Ex to follow. Speaking of whom, I honestly didn't care about Jinks' Ex. I should have cared that he and the father were going to die via lava, but I didn't. I was more worried about Jinks during that scene. Also, Jinks' Ex figuring out The Warehouse stuff as quickly as he did was ridiculous. Add to that the shoe-horned in conversation in the car... the only scene I even remotely cared about him was in the interrogation room with Myka. I thought that bounced off each other and had more chemistry than he and Jinks did.

During the "tense" scene with the lava lake, I was honestly more distracted by the heat-defying cars. A little scientific accuracy here would have been nice. Those cars should have melted to slag and killed Jinks and the Ex. I mean, I'm glad they didn't, but it was ridiculous.

The B Plot was much more interesting. I really like it when Artie and Claudia get a chance to work together. They make an awesome team and it was nice to see their father/daughter thing in action again. The only part of that plot that I thought was overly ridiculous was the guy they essentially threw off the second floor. He was annoying, idiotic, and stupid.

I'm not really going to comment on the ending scene of the episode... except... I would not have known who Cherie Currie was if I hadn't watched The Runaways... possibly the only good thing to have come out of my Twilight obsession...

Altador Cup Update

Today is a "bye day" in which you play the Jelly Chia practice team, get no points for doing so, and wait for the next bracket change.

Shenkuu finished 5th in the Alabriss Bracket this time around. I am disappointed... and less involved than I should/want to be.

Art

I was feeling generally blah this afternoon... tired and stuff from not enough sleep and doing chores... so I took a Blind Bag Rarity toy and gave her a new paint job.
Before
After
If you'd like to see those pictures better, check out my deviantART by following the link in the header. sign0158 Free Sign Emoticon

Housekeeping

Tomorrow... I'll be putting up my Fringe, Season 3 review. I'll also probably be keeping this format of having an overview because... I'm getting tired of pointing out that there's stuff below my reviews in the Spoiler Warning. The only posts this definitely won't happen in are the Initial Reactions posts because those are long enough as they are.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment