Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Instinct - Review

SPOILER WARNING

If you have not seen last night's episode of Warehouse 13, please leave the blog and come back later. The following review will contain spoilers. Altador Cup Update after the review.

Warehouse 13 - "Instinct" - Review

While it was brilliant to have Helena back for an episode, I wasn't all that impressed with the storyline she was given. There was too much flip flopping by other characters in regards to her motives. I thought Myka's judegment of Helena's new life was ridiculous. Myka's usually the person to get other people's emotions and motives. She's also not really the type to just sacrifice herself like she attempted to do. I also wasn't impressed with the villains of this section. People in law enforcement positions getting even with criminals is a plot device that's overdone, in my opinion.

However, I did enjoy the plot that took place within The Warehouse. It was quite fun to see Abigail thrown into the deep end. The Warehouse essentially trying to get Claudia's attention was cool, too. The revelation that The Warehouse is both semi-sentient and always expanding was not surprising, but rather nice to have officially revealed. I thought Claudia was being a bit childish in regards to how she thought of Abigail. I'd thought Claud had put her past behind her, honestly.

I wasn't at all happy with the hyena jaw artifact, it was really rather ridiculous, in my opinion. I'm not sure exactly how the shapeshifting had anything to do with the fear, primal-ness or not. I enjoyed the goo-guns. I thought the completely random spike that was jamming The Warehouse expansion joint was... completely random. I also enjoyed the F.I.S.H. ... if that's how it's spelled... it was a nice little misdirect that turned out to be kind of cool. I had kind of wondered how The Warehouse cloaked itself.

Altogether, this episode was fairly solid, even if some of the plot points didn't quite make sense to me. I had fun watching it, at least.

Altador Cup Update

Round One, Day Four: Vaeolus Bracket

Altador and Roo Island are still holding onto their top spots. Shekuu's moved back up to the third spot after trouncing Faerieland in everything but Make Some Noise.

All other bracket standings can be seen HERE.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment