Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Fringe, Season 3

Overview

Spoiler Warning followed by my Fringe, Season 3 review, followed by an Altador Cup Update, followed by the Housekeeping section.


SPOILER WARNING

If you have not seen Season 1 - 3 of Fringe, the following review is not for you. I spoil stuff.

Fringe - Season 3 - Review

Early in the season, I seriously wanted Olivia to just deal with the fact that people can have feelings for multiple people, especially when those people look really similar/exactly like the person they have stronger feelings for. I completely understand this concept. I thought Oliva's bitching about F-Olivia went on entirely too long.

I thought the flashback episodes were great overall. I love the opening sequence for them and the child actors. I also quite like Elizabeth. She's a lot stronger character than I originally gave her credit for. Walternate was also quite a bit more interesting and less loathsome than I'd originally thought. Seeing him when he was vulnerable helped with that.

The last couple episodes of Season 3 were interesting, to say the least. I really enjoyed F-Olivia in her episodes. It was quite nice to see her as a mother/expectant mother. It was also really interesting to see her reaction to Walternate's betrayal/plan. I like that she'd rather try to ultimately fix the problem than have billions of innocent people killed.

The very last episode of Season 3, "The Day We Died," was very Days of Future Past. I liked how all the future incarnations were realized, though Astrid and Oliva's hair bugged me. Also, I'd probably have been more affected by Oliva's death if I hadn't been expecting it.

Overall, I thought the story-arc of Season 3 was well done. The alternate versions of characters were fun to watch and I really loved having Charlie back, even if I have no idea what's up with the spiders in his blood... that was weird. At the time of writing this, I'm well into Season 4, which explains and deals the aftermath of the end of "The Day We Died" so I'm just gonna call this review done now.

Altador Cup Update


Alabriss Bracket: Meridell, Maraqua, Terror Mountain, Shenkuu, Virtupets Space Station, and Kiko Lake.
Menitheus Bracket: Altador, Roo Island, Darigan Citadel, Haunted Woods, Kreludor, and Brightvale.
Vaeolus Bracket: Tyrannia, Krawk Island, Lost Desert, Mystery Island, Faerieland, and Moltara.

Current Top Three Teams: Altador, Tyrannia, and Meridell

Shenkuu is currently 4th in the Alabriss Bracket and 10th overall. Today we play Meridell.

Housekeeping

Okay so, I've got a chapter left in my reread of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone so the review for that should be coming soon. Also, I wrote a little rant about Superman that I'll be posting probably tomorrow.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment