Saturday, August 30, 2014

Doctor Who - "Into the Dalek" - Initial Reactions

Intro

First "proper" Peter Capaldi adventure. Annoying as all get-out Daleks to help welcome our new Doctor.  Not entirely looking forward to it.

SPOILER WARNING: Don't read if you haven't seen the episodes. Also don't expect to follow along... my thoughts are random.

Doctor Who - "Into the Dalek" - Initial Reactions

  • Oh joy, crashing space ship...
  • Hello Dalek mothership.
  • Bye bye little ship.
  • Oh look, you got rescued by the best ship in the universe.
  • Gotta love being held at gun-point.
  • Lol. Doctor gets to remind soldier of her manners.
  • How nice of you, soldiers.
  • And of course we gotta deal with a Dalek... So far, though, not bad.
  • Hello PE teacher.
  • You're creepy and annoying, Ms. Secretary person...
  • Kids are dumb. That's clearly a "yes."
  • Wow, Clara. Nice.
  • Awkward...
  • Also, Danny's not a PE teacher.
  • And now Danny's reminding me of Mickey...
  • Lol, Clara.
  • Lol, I thought they were going out for coffee...
  • Doctor, that's so weird... and there's the explanation.
  • Of course that's unhelpful.
  • A Dalek who wants to destroy the other Daleks. Sounds like Dalek Khan...
  • "Do I pay you? I should give you a raise." - Doctor
  • "I am a school teacher." - Clara
  • "I don't need armed babysitters." - Doctor
  • "Don't be lasagna." - Doctor
  • Honey I Shrunk The Doctor
  • So trippy.
  • So nice of the Daleks to build their armor with corridors.
  • So now we're naming it? Okay then... Rusty.
  • Yeah, don't shoot the living thing. Bad plan.
  • That was pragmatic of you, Doctor. I like that, actually.
  • Down the LED slide.
  • EWWWW
  • Daleks eat people? Well then. That's kind of cool.
  • So we get some quoting from the Dalek that's been re-purposed from Trek. Well then.
  • Rusty is watching you and you have no idea...
  • I think you've been played there, Doctor.
  • You fixed the Dalek too much.
  • Slow mo was not necessary there...
  • I love it when things don't go right and people freak out when they were perfectly aware they might have gone wrong.
  • So now what are we doing?
  • Memory banks. W00T.
  • You've gone and made me tear up, Gretchen Allison Carlyle.
  • Oh look, TARDIS save once again... or else Missy the insane woman. Damn.
  • I am generally unaffected by the Daleks massacring people... seen it fifteen jillion times too many.
  • Science!
  • Yup. Of course the Dalek would focus on that.
  • Goodbye, Daleks...
  • You turned the Dalek into a kind of Hitler...
  • And that's at least the second time a Dalek has said that to him...
  • She's going to try to go with them?
  • And that's where he's saying "no."
  • I'm slightly disappointed for her.
  • "I think you try to be and I think that's kind of the point." - Clara
  • Oh geez. That dress on Clara in the preview is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment