Saturday, August 23, 2014

Doctor Who - "Deep Breath" - Initial Reactions

Intro

So... I seriously suck at keeping my blogging promises. Work and non-thinking online activities and chores and shopping keep doing that thing where I end up not wanting to, forgetting, or just not blogging.

However, today marks the return of Doctor Who to our television screens. So I'm doing an Initial Reactions post... which may or may not be the first of the season... meaning I want to do one every week, but I might have to work or something. So there's that...

Watching the final moments of "The Time of The Doctor" while I'm typing this. Probably gonna cry a little bit losing Matt again... because I've been watching BBC America all day. Really looking forward to Capaldi's take. From the small amount I've seen, he's awesome, which I never doubted for a moment. So on to the Initial Reactions! (There are spoilers)

Doctor Who - "Deep Breath" - Initial Reactions

  • Ick, pre-show... which I was randomly hoping they'd decided to skip that... Let's just pretend we didn't watch that... because I don't wanna...
  • I cannot express how much I am irritated by this pre-show. Good God, just give me my Doctor Who. >:(
  • Dinosaur in London. Probably not a good thing.
  • Oh hey, Paternosters!
  • A choking dinosaur? Oh hey, TARDIS. Poor girl.
  • Well who else would it be, Vastra?
  • And of course The Doctor is really confused.
  • Something always goes wrong with regeneration.
  • Awwwwwwwww.... Handles... T_T
  • The Paternosters don't know about regeneration? Or at least Jenny doesn't?
  • Oooohhh!!! Shiny new titles! That's awesomesauce! New music, too. Awesome!
  • Vastra is awesome in this scene. It's cute.
  • "No dear, people are apes. Men are monkeys." - Vastra
  • Poor Clara.
  • And I just have the "Aw cute"s for Jenny and Vastra. ^_^
  • Sleep translations. That's cool... unless it's not translations...
  • Aw, Strax. Funny as ever misunderstanding humans.
  • Well who's cyborg guy? Bad guy, obviously.
  • Well go school Clara why don't you, Vastra?
  • Now what are you smelling for, Doctor?
  • I'm with Clara on this one. Shush, Vastra.
  • Lol, Jenny. Good going with that. Vastra has horribly wicked tests for Clara.
  • Why is the dinosaur on fire? Why? Poor thing!
  • Ouch. Poor Doctor.
  • Well okay then... that's one way to use a sonic.
  • The carriage bleeps? Don't know how to feel about that.
  • Ooh! Poor Clara.
  • I imagine a Victorian household would be rather boring...
  • What is his gadget?
  • Well geez, Strax. Way to suck at pep talks.
  • Interesting wandering down regeneration lane...
  • Yay for the Scottish Doctor.
  • I think Jenny looks rather amazing in that outfit.
  • Ya know, for someone who's seen all the Doctor's faces, she's really judgmental of his behavior.
  • Fancy schmancy restaurant. Hello Doctor.
  • Oh well then. Neither of them placed the ad. How confusing... without time travel.
  • Automatons!
  • Evil automatons are incredibly creepy. Listen to them tick...
  • Oh that's gross and creepy.
  • You're in the only colored booth in the entire place, of course it's an elevator.
  • He misses Amy. Lol.
  • Hello creepy Asian Automaton...
  • Oh crap, Clara's stuck... and The Doctor's just leaving her there. That's no good.
  • And now she's got to hold her breath. This is a difficult one...
  • Much tension on the getting out part... Poor, poor Clara...
  • Shit that's a lot of robots.
  • Still alive is a good sign.
  • Clever Clara.
  • Oh, that's disturbing...
  • Still not the right person.
  • Lovely Victorian Ninjas... with Strax... because the Paternosters are awesome.
  • Commercials really kill the tension...
  • Those poor policemen...
  • Oh joy, a ship inside a building...
  • Sounds very much like the clock-work droids...
  • Well that's because you parked the TARDIS in front of the portrait and then failed to look at the outside of the S.S. Madame du Pompadour. That's a clever re-imagining.
  • That's a clever way to get out of it, Clara.
  • So... who was lying then? That's the question...
  • No TARDIS. That's not good.
  • I love Vastra's dress.
  • Hooray, he's back. Which wasn't ever in question.
  • Let's reference "Day of The Doctor."
  • I LOVE IT!
  • Wha?! Oh. Yay time travel...
  • Oh geez. Much crying. And now Matt's making me miss him...
  • That's a new one.
  • Oh Doctor...
  • Hug time!
  • Well hello, Mr. Automaton. The frick is this nonsense?
  • Okay... insane woman much? Missy?
  • No really, WTF?

No comments:

Post a Comment