Friday, November 15, 2013

Supernatural - "Dog Dean Afternoon" - Review

Intro

This is probably the shortest review I've done in a long time, that might tell you something about the episode. However, what it tells you is up to your interpretation.

SPOILER WARNING

The following review is for Supernatural, Season 9, Episode 5: "Dog Dean Afternoon." If you haven't seen this episode, do so before reading my really short review. It might be short, but it contains spoilers.

Supernatural - "Dog Dean Afternoon" - Review

Characters:

  • Sam Winchester/Ezekiel - Played by Jared Padalecki. Younger Winchester with an Angel healing him from the inside.
  • Dean Winchester - Played by Jensen Ackles. Older Winchester.
  • Dave Stephens - Played by Brock Johnson. Colonel's owner. Deceased.
  • Colonel - Voiced by Al Rodrigo. German Shepherd. Only witness to his owner's death.
  • Chef Leo - Played by Steve Valentine. Villain.

Review:

Well that was certainly a comedy episode, wasn't it? I don't really have much to say about this episode. Jensen did an excellent job doing dog stuff without going over-the-top... except for the poodle bit, but let's not go there. The villain was... weird. I didn't mind the weirdness of it, really, he was just strange. The concept of eating animal parts to get their abilities was interesting. The only other show I can think of that's done something akin to this is Inuyasha. Some of the demons will eat other demons' hearts to gain their strength/powers. Which, come to think of it, really has nothing to do with this so... meh.

Yeah... I'm annoyed Ezekiel showed up again. There wasn't really much point to it and I'm tired of him showing up.

Favorite Line:

"Always knew I'd find the source of all evil inside a vegan bakery." - Dean

Housekeeping

That's probably going to be my last review for today. I have to go watch stuff now and I've got my nephew to babysit later this evening. So yeah... gonna be getting reviews up slowly but surely.

Love ya, Jessie love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment