Saturday, November 2, 2013

Grimm - PTZD - Review

Intro

Third and most likely final review for this evening. All the rest of the intro-ness can be found by reading the intro I posted with my Supernatural review today.

SPOILER WARNING

The following review is for Grimm, Season 3, Episode 2: "PTZD." If you have not seen the episode, you should do so before reading my review. I spoil stuff, as usual.

Grimm - "PTZD" - Review

Characters:

  • Detective Nick Burkhardt - Played by David Giuntoli. Grimm. Juliette's boyfriend. Hank's partner.
  • Juliette Silverton - Played by Bitsie Tulloch. Human. Nick's girlfriend.
  • Monroe - Played by Silas Weir Mitchell - Wieder Bultbad. Rosalee's boyfriend.
  • Rosalee Calvert - Played by Bree Turner. Fuchsbau. Monroe's girlfriend.
  • Captain Sean Renard - Played by Sasha Roiz. Hexenbiest. Royal.
  • Detective Hank Griffin - Played by Russell Hornsby. Human. Nick's partner.
  • Stefania Vaduva Popescu - Played by Shohreh Aghdashloo. Human. Gypsy.
  • Sergeant Wu - Played by Reggie Lee. Human.
  • Eric Renard - Played by James Frain. Royal. Captain Renard's brother. Deceased.
  • Adalind Schade - Played by Claire Coffee. Former Hexenbiest.
  • Frau Pech - Played by Mary McDonald-Lewis. Hexenbiest. Deceased.
  • Two other detectives investigating the bar fight... who I can't find on IMDB so... *shrug*

Review:

This is the episode in which the action started last Season finally winds down. It's also the episode in which Nick has to reconcile the crap he did as Hulk-Nick with keeping himself on the safe side of the law. Also, Nick seems to be suffering from some kind of weird after-effect of being Hulk-Nick. Lastly, Adalind has to continue the creepy rituals to regain her powers.

I was confused when the episode started. Last thing I remembered, Renard, Hank, and Monroe were entering the bar and leaving Juliette and Rosalee outside. Apparently, I misremembered things or else there was a weird little time-skip. Either way, we pretty much picked up the action where we left off in the last episode. Hulk-Nick goes to terrorize some people in a house and almost gets shot while Monroe and Hank track him through the woods.

Hulk-Nick gets to fight all the guys and back hand Juliette before Rosalee stabs him with the cure-needle-thing. He doesn't wake up until a second dose is administered and then spends a day in a death-like sleep. The effects with the sleep thing were weird. Not sure why Nick turns grey every time, but he's pretty obviously messed up from being Hulk-Nick.

On a lighter note, Nick gets to use his Grimm-powers from last Season. That was fun. It was also fun to see the Scooby Gang come together in order to protect Nick. I'm not entirely sure why Nick suddenly has a problem with accidentally killing someone while under what is essentially a curse. I mean, yeah, he has a conscience, but the fact that he wanted to turn himself in was a bit over the top for me. After all, he spent two Seasons covering up for having to dispatch Wesen and didn't really seem to have a problem with that.

I kind of enjoyed Renard's cover-up for Nick. However, the scene where we see him trashing the bar office was unnecessary. I think we pretty much had that figured out when he pulled out the hard drive.

Adalind's disgusting rituals thing continued this episode. It was kind of weird and mostly made me want to puke. However, I really loved Adalind's facial expressions during that entire thing. Not sure whether or not she has her powers back yet, but it sort of seems so.

So, uh, yeah... that's pretty much what I thought. I know it's not my usual well-reasoned review, but I was kind of distracted during part of it and the parts I paid the most attention to, I've discussed here.

Miscellaneous Notes:

  • Convenient address on mailbox and a barn.
  • Yup, leave the girls outside again, because that works well.
  • Loved the Hank and Monroe revenge-fueled bonding moment.
  • Didn't think for a second Nick would actually turn himself in.
  • Surprised that the Frau Pech-goo was CGed on Adalind's stomach.

Housekeeping

So... that's it from me for today, I think. I'm gonna go try to catch up on stuff, since I clearly didn't the last two days.

Love ya, Jessie love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment