Saturday, November 2, 2013

Arrow - "Crucible" - Review

Intro

Please read the intro from the previous post because I don't feel like a) retyping it or b) copying and pasting it  into multiple posts.


SPOILER WARNING

The following review is for Arrow, Season 2, Episode 4" "Crucible." If you have not seen the episode, I recommend you do so before reading this review. I spoil things.


Arrow - "Crucible" - Review

Characters:

  • Oliver Queen - Played by Stephen Amell. Main character. Also known as "The Hood" or "The Vigilante" or "The Arrow."
  • John "Dig" Diggle - Played by David Ramsey. Oliver's bodyguard/driver.
  • Felicity Smoak - Played by Emily Bett Rickards. Oliver's Executive Secretary/techie.
  • Thea Queen - Played by Willa Holland. Oliver's younger sister. Roy's girlfriend. Runs Verdant.
  • Roy Harper - Played by Colton Haynes. Thea's boyfriend. Works at Verdant. "The Hood"'s eyes and ears in the Glades.
  • Dinah "Laurel" Lance - Played by Katie Cassidy. Oliver's ex-girlfriend. Works for the DA.
  • Sara Lance/Black Canary - Played by Caity Lotz. Laurel's sister. Olly's ex. Currently vigilante-ing around Starling City.
  • Sin - Played by Bex Taylor-Klaus. Black Canary's friend.
  • Officer Quentin Lance - Played by Paul Blackthorne. Laurel's father.
  • Adam Donner - Played by Dylan Bruce. The District Attorney. Laurel's boss.
  • Isabel Rochev - Played by Summer Glau. Vice-President of Acquisitions for Stellmoor Industries.
  • Sebastian Blood/Brother Blood - Played by Kevin Alejandro. An alderman for the Glades.
  • The Captain - Played by Jimmy Jean-Louis. Captain of the ship off the Island.
  • Lyla Michaels - Played by Audrey Marie Anderson. Dig's friend in the FBI.
  • Xavier Reed/The Mayor - Played by Cle Bennett. Attempted to take over The Glades.

Review:

I'm not sure whether or not this will come as a surprise to anyone, but I thought this episode was rather bland. I'm not really one for filling up episodes with big fight scenes and I honestly don't care that Laurel's starting to have a drinking problem. I don't really have much to say about the episode, but I'll attempt to pull some things from my notes.

Oh, but wait, there's this thing that I've been alluding to in my reviews for the last couple of episode. The Black Canary is Sara Lance! Thank you IMDB for spoiling that a while back. Not sure if they fixed it or not, but I was already spoiled so... meh. It wasn't surprising. I was more surprised by the mention of Ras Al Ghul last week than I was about Sara.

Of course, with the revelation of Sara's "alive" status, we got her showing up on the prison ship in the Island flashbacks. This was also unsurprising given the banter between she and Olly during the episode. So, yeah, all the surprises weren't that really.

I like that Roy has become attached to Sin. Hopefully that won't kill his relationship with Thea. Thea, however, seems surprisingly not jealous of Sin. I'd kind of like to see the pair of them become friends. It would be a bit fun, I think.

The villain of the episode was boring. I was much more interested in what Blood thinks he's doing behind the scenes there at the end.

But yeah... this episode was rather forgettable, in my mind. I'd actually mostly forgotten what went on before I reread my notes, so you can see about how much I was bored with it.

Miscellaneous Notes:

  • Queen Consolidated must really be in it deep, for what Rochev is hinting at.
  • Lance showing up to ask Olly for help with Laurel must really have taken a lot for him, considering how much he hates Olly.
  • Loved Felicity's air-quotes.
  • So now Sara's going to come home?

Favorite Lines:

"No woman should suffer at the hands of men." - Sara

"Living is not for the weak." - Olly

Housekeeping

Next up: Review of last night's Grimm, like there should be. Of course, I'm taking another break to do more daily stuff.

Love ya, Jessie love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment