Friday, August 31, 2012

Bad Kiss Rising?

It's the Grimm Season 2 Review post! There are spoilers, you've been warned. And when I say "Season 2 Review" I mean the first three episodes. This is gonna be a bit long so, let's get on with it, shall we?

Bad Teeth

OMG. Was that the WORST "series summary/opening" ever or what? Seriously, the Buffy one was better. However, we're just gonna ignore that and go with this: Was that an awesome season opener or what? We get Mama Grimm (thank you Grimm Podcast), Rosalee and Monroe being cute, an awesome new Wesen, and Renard's brother, all in one episode. I'm in heaven. innocent0007 Free Emoticons   Innocent

Having been left on a cliff-hanger at the end of last season, I was extremely excited for the conclusion. The Grimm team did not dissapoint. I loved, loved, loved this episode, as if you hadn't guessed that already... rolleye0011 Free Emoticons   Rolling Eyes

The Kiss

So... Renard is at least part Hexenbiest. I did not see that coming. I also didn't realize that's what he was until I listened to The Grimm Podcast (I'm only plugging it because it's awesome) so... hindsight = greatness.

I really enjoyed all of the fight scenes, they were awesome. I was amused by all the scenes with Rosalee, Monroe, and Mama Grimm. So Awkward and Hilarious. Mama Grimm is such a bad-ass and so awesome. I really loved her interactions with... everyone. And speaking of "moms," I'm glad Mama Hexenbiest is dead and Juliette is awake. Pretty much predicted the "She's not gonna remember Nick" part so... that's all I've got for this episode.

Bad Moon Rising

I'm not plugging The Grimm Podcast again, promise. sign0013 Free Sign Emoticon

This episode is essentially: "Let's mix rednecks, crazy orgy-rituals, and Hank finding out about Wesen." That said... Hank accepted the reality of Wesen really easily, almost too easily. I mean, I like that he knows now, but dude! He thought he was going crazy in the beginning! He was going crazy in the beginning. His easy acceptance reminds me, just a little, of Oz's introduction to the supernatural world. Just a little.

The rest of the episode was really creepy and uncomfortable, much closer to home than I like my TV to be. I didn't find the Coyotls creepy -- they were kinda cute, actually -- but their actions... scared0003 Free Scared Emoticons

Anyway... I'm loving the season thus far. I can't wait till next week!

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

PS: The Grimm Podcast is available on iTunes. Go listen, it's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment