Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Alphaville and the Great Website Redesign

Hello, my dear readers, I'm back... again. This time, I'm hoping for longer than just the odd post every couple months.

SPOILERS


My original intention with this post was to give a review of the first three episodes of Season 2 of Alphas until I realized... there have been six episodes so far this season. Not sure how I missed that but... meh. So here's my very brief review of the first five episodes: I liked them. They're fun. Dr. Rosen is shaping up to be a much better Professor X than Professor Charles Xavier. And that's without powers. Nina... has issues, but it looks like she's working through them. I like Kat. I think Stanton Parish is going to be a nice counterpoint to the "Government regulated" Alpha squad. Also, Section 6 or whatever reminds me very much of the Marvel Universe's Neverland Ranch...

Alphaville Review

I cannot fully express my joy that Summer Glau got to come back and play a not-crazy person. She's absolutely believable as a mother and I absolutely love little Digit. I also loved Gary in the episode, finding out that he can read more than just the signals of the "civilized" world. I fully believe he would have had problems moving into that cabin he wanted... which makes me glad Alphaville got burned down.

Speaking of Alphaville, I enjoyed the thought of creating a new Alpha-centric town. It's much better than "Mutant Town" of the Marvel Universe which was just a section of New York. I really do hope the team gets an opportunity to visit another Alpha town or community.

Rachel's ability being turned up a notch was interesting... but I really don't see why the production team decided to do that. Rachel seems like an odd choice for a power-up. I did love the fire-starter guy, though. His souped up power was amazing.

All in all, I loved this episode. It had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Can't wait to see what these guys come up with next.

Housekeeping

So... Webs has decided they need a new website builder. I'm not sure I like it, at least as far as blogging goes. Therefore, the blog section of the my website will be going dormant as of... well, today. I'm going to link any and all parts of my "Reviewed" page to their respective Blogger blog posts instead of the Webs ones. The rest of the site is getting a bit of a redesign, which Webs' new format makes it a tad easier to do.

I guess that's pretty much it so...

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment