Thursday, December 6, 2012

It's a Magic Thing

It's been forever, I know. I've had lots of random stuff happening this week and I just now finished watching the Once Upon a Time Winter Finale. Last night, I watched The Vampire Diaries from last week... and now I'm about to review both of them for you. Some details about the coming weeks will be in the Houskeeping section. So, that makes this the SPOILER ALERT if you have not seen either of the two episodes I mentioned.


The Vampire Diaries - "My Brother's Keeper" - Review

Am I the only one who's sick and tired of Jeremy? First he had emo-kid issues. Then he had the ghost thing. Then he had the "I'm being compelled to go away from Mystic Falls for an episode" and worrying about ring corruption. Now, he's the the Hunter thing. Gah! I'm sorry, but him and his issues are seriously annoying me. That said, I quite like the aspects of the Hunter thing we're getting to see. It's like Slayers except a hell of a lot more intense. Oh, and there's five of them.

I really want to know what the Professor guy and Hayley are up to. My sister thinks it's just the "Klaus doesn't have an army" thing, but I'm not so sure. Something about the way Professor guy talked about breaking all the sire bonds has me worried it's something more drastic.

Speaking of sire bonds, Damon and Elena FINALLY hooked up. Yay. Frankly, I'm glad that's happening because I'm tired of mopey Stefan and Elena, even if it's solely because of the sire bond. This, also, did not come as a big surprise to me nor does it really bother me. In the context of the show, it should, but because of my reading of other vampire stuffage, it doesn't. Fledglings have always been loyal to their Sires. It's a thing. The mind control aspect is pretty much only in this universe, if I'm not mistaken.

Overall, I really liked this episode. Wasn't so keen on the Jeremy bits or Stefan being a giant ass, but the rest was good.

Once Upon a Time - "Queen of Hearts" - Review

Poor Regina. She's so conflicted and yet, when she does the right thing, no one remembers to include her in the after-party. I'm not sure what I think about her whole thing with being easily manipulated by Gold. Like, yes, your mother is a raging bitch who'll destroy everything, but you were doing the exact same thing so... what? I really don't want her to go all dark-side again, that would be annoying.

I really hope this isn't the last we see of Aurora and Mulan. I want to see whether or not they manage to find Phillip's soul and save him. However, I'll probably be angry if they actually do it. They're going to go from busom buddies to hating each other over him. That, I won't like. I do find it interesting that Hook gives Mulan Aurora's heart. Very interesting little thing there...

Hook is a clever bastard. I'm both sad he went dark-side and glad he did. I'm not sure how I'd actually react to a "good" Hook. It's interesting that he knows Regina, though. I thought it was quite nice how that was introduced. Of course he'd figure out about Belle and go to "rescue" her. Of course she'd be incredibly nonchalant about just going and talking to Rumple in order to stop him. Of course he'd be perfectly happy running off to go kill Cora. However, his loyalties seriously need some work. Why does anyone trust him at this point? Seriously?

Speaking of Cora... yes, everyone was right, she was the Queen of Hearts. Of course she was the Queen of Hearts! rolleye0011 Free Emoticons   Rolling Eyessign0029 Free Sign Emoticon That was so obvious I'm disappointed they did it at all. I do find it interesting that she keeps her heart where no one can find it. That had to be painful getting it out herself...

That's all I have to say about the episode, really. I was really enjoying it and I can't wait till it comes back in January.

Housekeeping

My nephew is coming next week. We've been in crazy prep mode all week and that's part of the reason I haven't blogged. I needed some relaxing time after the crazy. So... yeah. I'm gonna try to watch Supernatural, Arrow, and The Vampire Diaries tonight... probably won't happen, but I'm hoping it will. I will definitely post reviews once I watch stuff so... look out for that.

I've posted some new stuff to my DeviantArt (My Art up in the navigation bar)... another reason I've been having crazy lately. Go look at that if you want.

Again, I'm sorry about the funky schedule, but... if I don't do it this way for now, I'm gonna go crazier than usual. Thank you so much for reading. Don't forget to leave me comments and follow me on Twitter. Link for that in the sidebar. happy0148 Free Emoticons   Happy

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment