Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Broken Truth Hurts

Intro/Overview

I spent the last two days going to The Houston Aquarium and Space Center Houston as opposed to sitting at home on the computer all day. I've put my pictures up on Facebook, if you're interested. Link in the bar up there.

Both days we were joined by groups of kids from various daycares. Let me just tell you how incredibly annoying it is to be in enclosed spaces with giant groups of daycare kids. Yesterday we went out to have lunch and I could see three separate groups of kids from where I was sitting out in front of the Space Center.

Anyway... tonight I have some possibly brief reviews for the Season Finales of Defiance and Warehouse 13.


Defiance - "Everything Is Broken" - Review

Can I just say how much I honestly did not care about this episode? I was lost pretty much immediately. I can't exactly put my finger on why that was, but "Everything Is Broken" was by no means an episode I ever want to watch again. sign0023 Free Sign Emoticon

We got some payoff with Irisa, but that was really vague and nonsensical. And then she dove into the machine-thing/ship/whatever it was and Nolan's suddenly alive again. Yay?

Detak won the election, but I had no doubt that he would end up deposed either by the end of the episode or by the first episode of next season. What do you know, I was right. I can't say I'm sorry to see the Earth Republic guy dead.

The only remotely interesting parts of the episode for me were the scenes between Stahma and Kenya. Stahma really had me going. I was just as surprised as she was when Kenya pulled the gun on her. As it stands, I'm really annoyed with Stahma and I want to know if Kenya is actually dead or just hidden away somewhere. I didn't think that was very clear.

Yeah... that's pretty much what I thought of the Season Finale. Let me know what you thought in the comments.

Warehouse 13 - "The Truth Hurts" - Review

I'm so annoyed at Pete right now! Was he just not getting bad vibes off Paracelsus or was he just that desperate to save Myka? And where the hell did this attitude about Myka dying come from? Last episode he was okay, this episode he's getting duped by Paracelsus because of it. He really should have known better. I really wanted to smack Pete over the head with something while he was doing what Paracelsus said. sign0065 Free Sign Emoticon

I did not at all enjoy the scenes with Nick and Sutton. I was right there with Claudia when she called Nick out. I was really distracted by Sutton's hair. All it needed was a lot of bleach and he'd be back to looking like Spike... And honestly, I couldn't care less about the pair. I wish they hadn't been in this episode at all. Maybe there would have been actual story development rather than their filler.

Which brings me to the cliffhanger. I did not like this cliffhanger at all. The battle between Paracelsus and Claudia should have happened in this episode. The outcome of the non-existent battle should have been the cliffhanger. Or, perhaps, Claudia beating Paracelsus and becoming Caretaker should have been the big end-of-season thing. But no, of course not. Why the hell not?! sign0176 Free Sign Emoticon Apparently lead-in for next season. sign0001 Free Sign Emoticon I'm not happy with it. It was not at all satisfying like Season Finales should be.

Let me know what you thought in the comments, if you would be so kind. I need someone to rage with. sign0176 Free Sign Emoticon

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment