Friday, July 5, 2013

Lost and Found Time In the World

Intro/Overview

Happy belated Independence Day to all my fellow United States Citizens. Hope you all had fun eating grilled foods and watching things blow up. Uncle Sam Smiley

Today I have reviews for the last two episodes of Warehouse 13. I can't promise next week's reviews will come out faster, but I will try to make that happen.

Warehouse 13 - "Lost & Found" - Review

Nick is a little not! Also, why is this the second female recurring villain to have motivations stemming from her child?! Can we not have a strong female villain who is childless? Doctor Who did it quite well with Madame Kovarian. Surely Warhouse 13 can do just as good a job?

I thought Myka had been the victim of an artifact through the episode. The way her constant anxiety over Pete's reaction manifested was really odd. I'm not sure how realistic that was, but it was interesting to see that is wasn't an artifact, just Myka's mind. I'm glad that the anxiety over Myka's cancer wasn't drawn out over several episodes.

I thought the artifact used on Claudia and Jinks was cool. It was incredibly subtle and effective. I'm sad Claudia is bronzed and I can't wait to see how that's going to affect everyone else.

At the time of writing this originally, I've got about an hour 'til we find out what Anthony Stewart Head's character is up to and how they get Claud un-bronzed. I can't wait!

Warehouse 13 - "All the Time In the World" - Review

For an episode where time was supposed to be of the essence, it went rather slowly, I thought. That's not to say there wasn't a lot there, because there was. The pacing was just off, I think, because "All the Time In the World" is the middle part of a three-part story. As such, it's crammed full of exposition, filler, small bits of resolution, and setup.

The scenes between Jinks and Claudia's bronzed self were sweet, but mostly there to kill time. They weren't good at expressing the urgency because I had no doubt they were going to fix Claudia. The scenes with Myka and Pete chasing Sutton around were fun, but there to kill time. Yeah, there had to be some scene where they got Sutton to join them, but the way they did it was ridiculous. I thought the scenes between Artie and Mrs. Frederic had more meat to them, though they were setup for the revelation that Paracelsus was a Caretaker. By the way, have we had any mention of a Keeper before this?

I did not like the runaround in Paracelsus' lair. It figured the entire thing was a trap. I'm still disappointed that Charlotte wasn't a proper villain and adding Sutton to the mix didn't help. I did not like both of them running away upon hearing Nick's yell. I get they wanted to save him, but they were all immortal at that point so it didn't make much sense. I felt like that wasn't realistic for either of them to do, especially after they'd just split up.

At this point, I'm really more interested in what's going to happen next week. My theory is that Claudia's going to become the Caretaker toward the climax of the episode and kick Paracelsus' ass back to the Bronzer... then maybe stick him in an acid bath... or maybe that last bit's just wishful thinking.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment